In its ultimate configuration, SWITCH edu-ID offers the following benefits:
- One identity for all academic services across Switzerland, independent of the institutional affiliation.
- A lifelong identity, allowing for changes in institutional affiliation
- An identity owned and managed by the user.
Every user has to create their personal SWITCH edu-ID account. If you do not have one, go to eduid.ch to register with SWITCH edu-ID. You will need a personal, permanent e-mail address, which you use regularly.
To be able to use edu-ID for services that require affiliation to the University of St.Gallen, you have to link your edu-ID account to your HSG user account. To do so, please use edu-ID HSG LinkingApp.
Starting on 17 July 2019, all members of the University of St.Gallen will have to use their SWITCH edu-ID when accessing any of the SWITCH services. The following are the most commonly used SWITCHaai services:
- Library: User account for HSGswisscovery
- uniboard.ch, onthehub.com, Atypon, UNiDAYS, ASVZ Online-Schalter, projektneptun.ch
- career platform my.hsgcareer.ch
Starting in autumn 2019, all new students and employees of the University will receive the HSG Account Password Letter informing them about the SWITCH edu-ID identity requirement.
SWITCH edu-ID is a service run by SWITCH, a trustworthy non-for-profit organisation founded by the Swiss Confederation and the cantons running universities. It offers solutions in the field of information and communication technologies to the Swiss higher education community.